The history of “ZAVOD-REDUKTOR” LLC goes back to the 1920s. On the basis of the production and property complex of the Mozhginsky machine building plant, an industrial artel “The Red Banner” was created, which included forging, metalwork and cast-iron foundry. During the pre-war years, the core products were furnace casting and gearboxes for various agricultural machines. Production of gearboxes was organized in 1916. By that time, the artel had forging, foundry and metalwork shops. At the time of war, workers were engaged in the production of foundry products, as well as various gears and parts. Today, the production of gearboxes has reached industrial scale in the company «Zavod-Reduktor». After separation from the main organization, the company significantly increased its capacity in all directions of production processes. It was also possible to retain all skilled specialists who had been mastering and implementing the processes of production and development of industrial gearboxes for many years, as well as to invite many young high-potential people from technical universities of the region.
Equipment and machine tool holding of the company has several machining centers, which allow performing integrated processing of parts on 4 sides. Also the company has 117 machines of the following types: gear grinding, gear-shaping, gear-cutting, grinding, turning, milling, broaching machines, as well as equipment for heat treatment and pressing. The company employs a large staff of technical specialists (process engineers, designers, QCD specialists, lab assistants, etc.). Due to the well-coordinated work, the technical and normative documents are always provided on time. The QCD Department conducts inline and sampling inspections of each batch of the produced gearboxes.